SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of altering your website content and code to get your website pages ranked higher in search results. With a special cocktail of website code, keywords, and technical indicators, you can practically TELL the search engines what keywords and phrases your pages should rank for—provided they have relevant content consumers would actually want to see and read.
You need it because organic search equates to 94 percent of all web traffic, and the first position on Google search results has a 34.36 percent click-through rate for desktop and 35 percent for mobile. Basically, if you’re not at the top of the search results, you’re losing clicks, leads, and sales to your competitors.
Even after being told repeatedly that search engine optimization efforts pay off, you may still be skeptical without proof. If you’re doubtful that any aspect of SEO can help your business, take a look at the statistics below.
Organic Search Engine Optimization
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic.
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
- 57% of B2B marketers say that SEO generates more leads than any of their other marketing initiatives.
- 75% of internet users never scroll past the first page of search engines.
- Bounce rate doubles if your website takes an extra 2 seconds to load.
- There are 6,586,013,574 searches made a day worldwide.
- Organic search equates to 95% of all web traffic.
- The first position on Google search results has a 34.36% clickthrough rate for desktop and 35% for mobile.
- 50% of visitors are more likely to click a result if the brand appears multiple times in search engine results.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to only 1.7% for outbound leads such as print advertisements.
Social Media Marketing + SEO
- 61% of all visits from social media websites come from Facebook.
- More than 2 billion searches are performed on Facebook daily.
- Adults between the ages of 18 and 34 are most likely to follow a brand on social networking.
- 71% of those who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are more likely to recommend it to others.
- Facebook accounts for one in every six minutes spent online and one in every five minutes spent on mobile.
- Highest Facebook traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm.
- There are more than 50 million small businesses using Facebook to connect with customers.
- The best time to post on Facebook is Wednesdays at 3 pm, Saturdays and Sundays between 12 pm and 1 pm, and Thursdays and Fridays between 1 pm and 4 pm.
- More than half of marketers who have been using social media for at least two years report it helped them improve sales.
- 80-90% of shoppers read online reviews before purchasing a product.
- The Google local pack appears in the top spot of 93% of searches with local intent.
- 50% of consumers who performed a local search on their mobile phone visited a store within a day.
- 88% of shoppers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- For local listings, 68% of searchers used “get directions” or “click to call” in a mobile ad.
- 46% of Google searches are local.
- 30% of Google mobile searches are related to location.
Mobile SEO Statistics
- Out of the 100 billion searches Google receives a month, more than half of those come from mobile devices.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if their website is mobile-friendly.
- Of those who own smartphones, 87% of them use a search engine daily.
- 65% of those who conduct a search on their smartphones say they look for the most relevant information, regardless of the company providing the information.
- More Google searches come from mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries, including the U.S.
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product when searching on their phone.
- Mobile searches for “what to get” grew by over 50% from 2016-2018.
- Mobile searches for shopping lists have grown by over 150% from 2016-2018.
- 60% of smartphone users say they’ve discovered a new company or product when conducting a search on their smartphones.
Content Marketing + SEO
- Quality content is the key factor in any good SEO strategy. Improvements in content have been known to increase blog traffic by as much as 2,000%.
- The average length of top ranking pages on Google is 1,890 words.
- 72% of marketers say the single most effective SEO tactic is creating relevant content.
- B2B (business-to-business) marketers receive 67% more leads if they have a blog.
- Blogs posts with images in them are viewed 94% more than those without.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13 times more likely to experience positive ROI.
- Companies with a blog receive 97% more links to their site.
- Republishing and updating information on old blogs can increase traffic by more than 100%.
- Adding a blog to your site will increase your chances of ranking on search engines by 434%.
- Companies that publish 16 or more blogs a month received 5 times more leads than companies who publish 4 or less a month.
B2B SEO Facts to Know
- 59% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on their lead generation goals.
- 57% of B2B marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative.
- 45% of enterprises are investing more than $20,000 on SEO each month.
- 71% of B2B researchers being their research with generic Google searches.
- 89% of B2B researchers use the internet during the B2B research process.
- 90% of B2B researchers who are online use search specifically to research business purchases.
- On average, B2B researchers do 12 searches prior to engaging on a specific brand’s site.
- 50% of B2B search queries today are made on smartphones, and this percentage will grow to 70% by 2020.
Top SEO Professionals Company in Bangalore
Though inbound marketing efforts have the potential to be successful, your best chance at seeing positive results is by putting your strategy in the hands of knowledgeable professionals.
Web Design Companies in Bangalore | Web Development in Bangalore | Website Designing in Bangalore | Best Web Design Company in Bangalore | Website Developers in Bangalore | Bangalore Web Design Companies